JOB interrupted: Numeric value format is not valid or missing an expected value

Well, as promised, the job from Candle has just finished. The board is done with all my 4 laser engraving tests done. :slight_smile:

I meant to say “as promised, here’s an update”.

So I guess its time to try and understand how to get Lightburn to be a little more permissive and less sensible to whatever it is that’s bothering it … cause right now I can use it pretty much to build the GCODE, but then seems like I’ll have to switch to Candle to do the dirty work! :slight_smile:
Surely I’ll have to test it further, but this is the way it looked for quite a few weeks trying to get Lightburn to engrave with my laser cutter.

Should I contact support then?

Awesome that you were able to get the part done. Didn’t realize you were making a PCB.

I don’t see anything obvious from the Device Settings view. Can you confirm baud rate and transfer mode you’re using in Candle match? And I assume it’s the same serial device?

What Debian version are you running? I’m curious if you’re in a similar situation to the user who had issues in Linux but not Windows.

I think contacting support would be worthwhile. LB folks are on these forums as well but I think good to get some direct attention to this. You may want to reference this Topic for context.

Yup, same transfer settings on each software I’ve used with this machine, same cable and USB port as well.
I’m using Debian 11 (sid).

Okay. That’s odd. Debian 11 is new enough where you may be experiencing the same issue as the other Linux user but not certain.

One thing you may want to try is changing transfer mode to “synchronous”. I’ve never seen that required for 3018 machines but I’m curious if that would change anything.

Yeah, I’ve tried both Synchronous and Buffered. Neither made a tangible difference in the jobs failures.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.