Job stops part way through

I have an Atom Stack A10 Pro and have been using Light Burn for about two years now, I was burning an image onto a flasks for a farewell gift for some of my soldiers in my charge, but for some reason, the laser has stopped mid-job twice now. I have done this same design several times in the past but the only change I have made in hardware/setup/software/file is updating light burn. When it stops the console just starts filling with jibberish and symbols. I have already checked and ensured the machine didn’t get caught on anything. Does anyone know what could cause this?

567 LOGO FLASK .lbrn2 (289.1 KB)

Sounds your controller crashes
Did you try - as a diagnostic test - to unplug your laser head cable and run the same project like that. Just motions.
Will it crash too?

I tried to line the laser over a flask to run unplugged and it started to crash/freeze even when just clicking the frame button requiring a hard reboot to restore functionality, I think i will try reverting to a previous version next.

You could but. triple check a few things
a) Edit _> settings
boud rate?
b) Devices → double check if you are on GRBL

I am using GRBL, but I have never touched the Baud Rate before since I have always used the default settings for the most part.

all looks fairly standard. so unless you got a bad usb cable (or have somehting doing random electric noise nearby) it should just work

I am really not sure how upgrading could have caused the problem but reverting is fairly straight forward

Not to jump on someone’s elses thread, but I have a slightly different problem than this. Same issue - engraving stops right in the middle of project. Just stops. I get no error message.
I’m using the trial version of Lightburn (yes newbie here). Project is an image 5x5.
Using Aufero Laser.
Thank you

Then, please, start a different topic for that specific problem; there’s no charge and it keeps us from confusing the problems & solutions.

You can also search for other topics covering similar problems to find out what solutions came up:

https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/search?expanded=true&q=aufero%20stop

The “magnifying glass” in the upper right corner of this very window will become your friend.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.