Joystick control X Y axis

On the basis that i cant leave well enough alone and being sick of pressing arrow controls the thought of using a joystick to control my head movement for any reason that pleases me comes to mind.
Controller pinout tested is Ruida 6332M B. But this should work for any panel with some ohm meter testing.

These panels use a matrix style format, 6 x 6 or more pin outs to the controller. The idea is to breakout from the panel, add joystick control at the pin connection between controller and panel. Place the joystick into a box on a flying lead or mount where required.

The panel has a 12 pin connection which means 6 rows and 6 columns with a possible 36 outputs. The 6332m has 33 outputs so several pin combinations are not used.
I have one sticking point at the moment and I welcome anyone to add in value here. The _Y pin 5 row 7 needs addressing to bring it into the fold of pin 8 controls.
Pin out as follows.
Column 6 5 4 3 2 1
Row
7 _Z _Y Esc
8 +Z +Y Ent -X Home -X

9 7 8 9 0 . CLR

10 1 2 3 4 5 6

11 PLSE Spd Min Max File Start pause

12 Reset Origin Diag Frame Menu Stop

From here a joystick control could have the pin8 as common and then use pin 1,3 as X then pin 5 as Y+.
The reset could be Home on pin2 and Enter on pin4.

What is needed is how to introduce row 7 to pin 5 at the joystick header. This is the heart of the project, weigh in if you can. The project is just that, a project.

On top of this a resistor would need be added to refect the correct pinout, this is easily measured on the matric and then replicated on the header.

This would be resolved if the joystick terminals were duel switching.
Cheers and thanks for any input
Links below.

W

1 Like

Don’t the Ruida controllers have an RS232 I/O port for their Pendant? I’ve seen that added to one of the CloudRay machines. Therefore, putting a sniffer in the line and figuring out the protocol for the button presses would seem another way to the solution.

Yes that may be possible, there was a writebup within the forum but that failed to reach a satisfactory outcome. I will look at that closer with time, thanks for your input.