Junes Give Away. We have a winner

Well its time again for Junes give away before the Give away goes on vacation (Me) I already have July’s ready. I believe the lucky winner will be happy with this Item. instead of a first PM as the winner, lets change it up with a math quiz. Try to figure it out before looking on the internet.

Then the first one with the right answer that PM’s me wins.

HINT. You must look closely.

The winner will receive an 8 mp Light Burn Camera (4k-w) with cord at 95 degrees with red mount.

At the end I will give the answer.

Merry Christmas………

Past winner’s please don’t play.

That didn’t take long we have a winner for June.
Here is the list so far of winners. Until July enjoy June and stay safe.

April. Raykholo
May. Wayne1
June. Stroonzo

ANSWER
The first equation sets up the whole math puzzle. Three pairs of shoes added together equal thirty. S + S + S = 30, so divide 30 by three. Each pair of sneakers represents the number 10. Easy enough.

Now the second equation is clearer. Sub the shoes out for a 10, and you’ll find out 10 + C + C = 20. Subtract 10 from each side, so C + C = 10. Each cat must represent the number 5.

Look closely at the next equation before you jump into it. In the third equation, there are two whistles in each line, but the final one only has one whistle. So 5 + 2W + 2W = 13. If 4W = 8, then each whistle represents the number 2.

OK, so that clears up a bit of the next equation—until you plug the numbers in. Sub S + C x W for 10 + 5 x 2. Remember your order of operations? Multiply first, then add. So 10 + 10 = 20. What went wrong? (Hint: It’s similar to this “simple” math problem for kids that has adults stumped.)

The key is in the cat’s clothes. In the second and third equations, the cat has a whistle around its neck—but not in the last one.

No need to go back and redo all your hard work. Just change the last equation to S + (C – W) x W. Now plug the numbers in: 10 + (5 – 2) x 2. Work your way through it. The equation goes to 10 + (3) x 2, then 10 + 6. Finally, you get 16—problem solved!

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally! That’s how I learned it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yup missed the whistle part