K40 Laser with Lightburn Software

Good day,
I converted a K40 laser with the board Markerbase MKS-DLC v2.0 because I really wanted to work with Lightburn. After the conversion, the laser works perfectly with LaserGRBL, unfortunately it does not with Lightburn. if I have him cut out quadrilaterals, he does his job perfectly. If an image is to be engraved, the laser head shifts back and forth 3 times without laser power and then stops. I’ve been trying to find this mistake for weeks now, but my basic knowledge is not exactly good. here are the error messages:

Message after connecting the laser:
Waiting for connection…
Waiting for connection…
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:Check Limits]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
error:9
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok

Message after the start of the engraving process:
Starting stream
error:25
On or near line 42:
Stream completed in 0:03
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok

I hope you can help me because Lightburn is the best software on the market and I really want to work
greetings
Harry
sorry for my bad english, had to use google translator.

error:9 is that homing failed.

error:25 is “bad gcode”, which most likely points to an issue with communications, either an issue with noise in the command stream, wiring, etc. LaserGRBL won’t push the command stream nearly as hard as LightBurn does. Are you using the ‘GRBL’ device profile in LightBurn?

Hi there,
yes GRBL is deposited. When I decided to install another board, I wasn’t aware of the problems I was getting. Before this conversion, I didn’t know anything about GRBL. That’s why I hope for your help. I took some screenshots in the hope that they were the right ones. I am very grateful to you for your help.

You compiled this version of GRBL yourself? Did you change the serial buffer size or the planning buffer size? LightBurn knows how big the serial receive buffer is, and fills it before waiting for OK results. If you changed from the default (stock) version of GRBL, it will cause trouble.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.