K40 power settings

I just purchased a K 40 laser and upgraded the board to the cohesion 3-D and I am running lightburn software. I have a scroll through many posts about power management through the software however,I’m on able to find a good answer to my question I’m sure it’s out there I just can’t find it. My question is it doesn’t seem like Lightburn is managing the speed or power of the K 40 laser. I also can’t get the fire button in light burn to actuate the laser on the K 40. It seems like I have to manage The power manually on the laser as it works my last engraving I had it set to 2000 speed and 2.5% power and it was catching the wood on fire. I have not installed my Milla amp meter yet but I do have one just trying to get everything to work together at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if you can point me to the topic as I’m sure it’s out there somewhere thank you

Try typing K40 into the search box on this page up at the top, there are tons of great questions and answers right to your problem. It is not arrogantly meant but my best bet for most valuable help.
But you might as well start by installing your ammeter first, without an ammeter you can easily ruin your co2 laser. In my setup, for example, 55% in LightBurn is approx. 15mA !!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.