Kerf offset for fills....is this coming soon?

Kerf offset for fills…is this coming soon?
This would be a very helpful feature, especially when using text and small vectors.
thx

Can you explain how this would work and what it would do? It’s not obvious to me what this would be doing and the benefit gained.

For example when engraving small text because of the size of the laser point let’s say it’s 0.1mm …then you have 0.05mm going outside of the text which can make it unreadable, touch other letters etc.
Currently I am just doing an offset inward, but this is not very desirable to do.
If fills had the same kerf offset available as lines do, then that would solve the issue.

Based on the description of the problem you’re trying to solve it sounds like a more appropriate solution type would be something like “dot width correction”. This is available for images but not Fills. I could this providing value for Fills in the scenario that you’re providing.

Perhaps a feature request is in order.

Read more about dot width correction here:
Tutorial: Perfect Image Engrave Settings - LightBurn Documentation (lightburnsoftware.com)

Instead off offsetting your text by 0.05mm, use a slightly smaller font size.

looks like that feature request has been added already…i simply comment on that request as well for it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.