Kudos to whomever mentioned Zinsser 1.2.3 spray primer for white tiles

bonjour à tous , bravo pour vos explications et vos réalisations
pour mes gravure avec un laser co2 80 watt j obtiens de trés bon résultats , peinture aérosol apprêt blanc de chez Action 2.2€
vitesse de gravure 80mms
puissance maxi 14
puissance min 8
dpi 300
bonne continuation merci

1 Like

voila d’ autres réalisations

Thank a lot Bill for sharing the tips !
I’ve wrote to Zinsser, to know what is the name of this product in Europe, to buy some.

Hey Scott, is that correct about it being 55mm per minute? That would be less than 1mm per second. 1mm is .040”…let me know if the travel speed is correct, at 55mm per minute, thanks!
Charlie

1 Like

Sorry per second

1 Like

Hey Tom. I bought some Rustoleum Cold Gavinizing Compound to etch on Glass and mirrors. I decided to do a test tile of it. It burns off the glaze and exposes the naked tile, and I am sure it would soak up whatever. Not good for making black on white tiles, but may be good for what you’re thinking.

To make sure I understand… You first put down Rustoleum Flat White paint, then a layer of the Zinsser water-based primer. Yes?
I had the Zinsser spray primer completely fail for me. I’m assuming it was applied too thickly, so I just sprayed another set of tiles to try again with a thinner coat.

Yeah, for me the cold galvanizing compound produced browns, not blacks, on white gloss tile. I’m still in the testing stages, but so far, Rustoleum Flat Gray Primer spray is my winner on test grids.

Did you ever gotten a reply from Zinsser?

Heads up! Know that there’s 1-2-3 Primer, and there’s 1-2-3 PLUS Primer.
Looks like though both are “water-based”, the PLUS primer is solvent-cleanup, where the standard primer is water cleanup. This could well be why I almost needed a chisel and sand paper to remove the PLUS.
On the up side… I know what primer I’m using for my home projects!! That PLUS primer is amazing…

2 Likes

I had initially heard about Krylon flat white but when I went to Home Depot (closer to me and my preferred store) all they had was Rust-oleum Flat white, so I got that. I remembered afterward Lowes carries Krylon. Anyway I tried the rus-oleum flat white and it works fine for me. This is on my Atomstack X7 10w. I did a test burn (the dithering test, the one with the eye balls on it). I found the Atkinson dithering looked best for me. But I will try the Zinsser soon.

Using both water based and solvent based primers together…

2 Likes