Lack of power using Atomstack X20

Whilst looking through forums i found a thread that seemed to be the same problem i am having.

" I did download an older version of Lightburn, really no difference between the 2. I have used the constant power setting while the testing I did.
It may be all I can get from this setup, it was sold as a 15 Watt input power and that is slightly more then the 4.5W actual power from the laser. I wish the marketing people would state the true output power and not funny business.
Without a scope I cannot really see the pulse width to determine if there is a difference output from Lightburn verse LaserGRBL.
Thanks for the help"

The thread has since been closed but i wondered if there was an outcome. @acourtjester was the guy with the issue.

Any help appreciated.

Yes I agree the marking is bad, it has changed in that with the newer mirrored diode setups are giving the actual Watt outputs. but you need to pay the price to get a more powerful laser beam. I just bought the ikier 70 Watt with 14 diodes with a combined beam, have not used it yet only the setup. I would like to upgrade Lightburn but waiting for the bugs to be handled. The lower powered laser tables still have a use.

Just post a link to the thread. We can’t search for text, so we can’t see the context of what’s in the link with only a short text description… and your description isn’t helping us, help you.

My NEJE 40630 draws 30W and produces an advertised 5.5W… If you get 15% of the modules input power coming out, then you’re doing well. If your input is 15W then 15% of that is 2.25W out… even 20% is only 3W. Too get to over 5W you need to have a conversion factor of around 33% which isn’t going to happen with these … at least not yet with the current technology.

Give us some information on what you’ve done that makes you think the machine isn’t performing as you expect…

Did you follow the setup procedure for your machine with Lightburn?

Have you ensured that $30 and S-Value Max are the same?

Have you put it into use? Always interested in how these are progressing…

Interesting that the led output adds up to 84W, but they lose 14W going through the optics.

Their comparisons are interesting… they compare it’s cutting with that of a 150W co2…

Wonder what they mean by a switching laser?

Let us know how this works for you…

:smile_cat:

Hi i think you are replying to me.
I have an Atomstack x20 that will only cut 8mm.

I have checked s-max is 1000 and $30 is 1000

I found a video (cant find it now) that someone had the laser unit on its side and it shows 4 lines or the 4 diodes.

I can see 4 lines on mine as it passes over the black paint of the bottom.of case. When its going to the honeycomb bed.

If you can post photos it would be very beneficial.

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.