Lamp - 0.8mm birchplay

Beautiful, Just beautiful :heart:
All leaves and disc share the same size/diameter and you just glue the lower leaves in a converging angle?

The frame itself is made of 3mm birch ply, and hand sanded. The cut for the leaves is very tight and the leaves are only pressed in. I’ve thought about securing the leaves with glue, but it hasn’t been necessary.
There is over 20 hours of manual labor in such a lamp and it is almost impossible to sell if the price is to cover work and the materials. But I like them so much that I sometimes make a single lamp for very dear friends and as gifts for my family.

3 Likes

att. Squid,

… no, each ring of the leaves has its own shape and size.
The frame is the same but the bottom and top are different

Inspiring. very nice. your top view picture confused me. i thought there are few of these round discs that are held and kept apart on the bulb power cord.
If you’re thinking about selling these, think Ikea - a kit, not a finished product.
People like to assemble stuff - this makes them feel it’s their creation and they will love it even more and get attached to :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing. much appreciated.
Keep up the good work.

By the way, there are many lamps of this type on the web, and I am certainly inspired by what I have seen but this lamp is 100% made by me and only with Lightburn :blush:

“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.”

Isaac Newton.

Blake, you’re right!, this image is 1.6 deep - and has the 3rd dimension, it just doesn’t appear right in the photo