Laseoko Pro tuning help

We’re only cutting at 50 mm/s speeds. Is this not suitable?

That’s not fast at all…

What if you run the program twice.

Once cutting a circle as normal.

Before second run remove the head and turn off the laser power source. Then attach a ball point pen to the mount and see if it still does it with pen and paper.

Another thought. Is the lens slightly loose?

The lenses are in a sealed air tight cavity and are tight.

It’s going to be difficult to do a pen and paper test without a spring loaded mount since we can’t utilize the auto height sensing without the head installed.

I feel your pain. I too am having problems with accuracy/repeatability. I’ve rigged up monotoring pulse counters changed steppers, drives, pulleys and belts. I’m using a Ruida controller.
Question! Can you not use an easier shape like a square / rectangle? A circle is difficult to work with. At least with a square shape you have two clean sides to measure with a micrometer/vernier gauge. I’d hazard a guess you may even see the problem there already?
Good luck, don’t give up. We will solve this…one day.

Square shapes actually come out pretty nicely. We’re going to try the Backlash settings in LaserCad as it doesn’t seem that LightBurn offers the ability (yet?) to input X and Y backlash settings like LaserCad.

Do the squares actually measure accurately and repeatably? Do know what tolerance you get?

The very option I need in LaserCad is grayed out and there’s no way to enable it.

Not sure what to do?

That didn’t enable it either.

• Go here: C:\LaserCAD\AWCCfg\
  • Open SoftCfg.ini
  • Change the backlash values in there and see if those work.

Just tried that and the values are set back to 0 each time.

Any other ideas?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

@LightBurn The values are still 0.

It might be time to contact Trocen at this point. Your issues are with the controller, not LightBurn, and I didn’t make it so I don’t know what else to tell you.

Why aren’t there backlash values available in Lightburn though? Only Hide backlash is available. RDWorks also has the ability to input values.

Would pay you to implement these since they weren’t in the latest 0.9.21 update.

So does LightBurn, when using a Ruida controller, which supports backlash settings in hardware. I’ll think about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Any update yet on implementing this?

Any update yet on implementing the feature? No response since March.

Why did you delete your post?