Laser always crashing

Goodnight !! I have a diode laser machine and I use GRBL to cut and engrave, but it stops every 5 or 10 seconds with a purple message. After about 15 seconds I give the error ok and it comes back for another 10 seconds and look there. I put more memory thinking it would improve and nothing, I’ve reinstalled a few times and it didn’t help. In a job that would take 2 minutes, it crashes so much that it takes 10. I don’t understand programming and I live in the countryside without much help option. I want to change to Lightburn but I wanted to make sure the problem is solved just by changing the program. Can someone please give me a hint what to do? Thanks !!!

Please select and copy the message, and paste it into a reply here. There are many possible alarm and error messages.

Is this happening with your Sculpfun S9?

Yes, it’s with Sculpfun S9

Those messages are no error messages in itself. They are just status messages. But, there are some letters that are not transmitted correctly. This usually indicates a communication problem between PC and laser. The Sculpfun S9 is known to be sensitive at this. Make sure you use a high-quality USB cable (as short as possible) and remove all electrical interference. There are a few more hints here: FAQ - Diode Laser Wiki Some people could resolve this by using different USB drivers or different firmware as well. But try the cable first.

Good afternoon !

I changed the cable for a new one and it didn’t solve it, the intervals in which the machine hangs increased a little, but a cut that would take 50 seconds takes between 2 or 3 minutes. Is there anything else I could try?

Remove electrical interference, change USB ports, change power (sleep) settings at the PC. Firmware-update would be another option to test.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.