Laser always on when Jogging, framing and working

Hi

Just upgraded from leetro to ruida RDC6445S-B
I have two issues one is engraving massively overshooting which i can work on but more pressing issue is the laser is firing constantly.

Its off when idle but when jogging, framing and doing a job the laser is constantly one. I’ve check my wiring and made adjustments and so far without luck can anyone shed any light on this?

The controller signal enabling the high-voltage laser power supply is labeled L-ON1 in connector block CN5.

Assuming the HV supply is typical of the breed, it will have two Enable inputs, labeled H and L:

The wire from L-ON1 should go to the L input.

If that is the way it’s wired and the laser tube still remains active, then the controller must be configured to use low-active signalling. In LightBurn

• Go to Edit → Machine Settings
  • Click on the tiny triangle in Vendor Settings and agree you won’t wreck anything
  • In the Laser 1 Output Signal line, select Low from the dropdown

My KTN332N is different from your RDC6445S, so the actual option will surely use different words, but you’ll find something similar.

And if that setting doesn’t make the laser behave, then something weird is going on.

Thank for your message, I checked vendor settings it is set to low already. I’ve tried to trace the L-ON1 back buck cant see an obvious labelled layout like your image.

The two wires i have are an IN and TH

The TH wire seems like it should be a high-active line.

If the Laser 1 Output Signal setting is now Low, change it to High and see if that improves the situation.

Thanks I’ll give that a go tomorrow
The laser will cut, seems to adjust power (although always on) so this is a good sign there nothing that needs replacing I’m sure just really stumped on this.

I’ve adjusted the wiring again and in vendor settings ive turned off tube 2 and now its working almost completely correctly.

The laser will still fire at a very low power when moving not whilst jogging or resetting now only whilst in operation.
Material will cut fine but if the laser travels over the material it will leave a score line shooting around 0.2ma

Do you have the Machine settings → Laser settings → tube type set to glass?

Doubt this is a solution, but there is nothing that I know of that will allow such a small current of 0.2mA… Most dc excited tubes won’t lase below about 10 to 20%…

:smile_cat:

Cant put my finger on the issue

I tried sending some images

Just to add a solution untested right now.

So, Ruida wired up correctly.
Laser is working but but when traveling it is shooting 0.2ma causing light scoring to the material.

Leetro is normal connecting to the high pin (wire leaving the PSU) this need to be switched to the Low pin and should fix the issue. I’ll update when this is done and then this can be closed off with a solution hopefully.

This doesn’t sound right to me.

When it’s just moving, it should not have the laser enabled. If it was inverted, as you claim, then it would lase at that layers power, not 0.2mA… Most machines will not lase at this low of a level. It should also reverse the engraved with the non-engraved…

Something else is going on… I think.

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.