Laser cut with mirror burn

HELP! I could not find this in the forum, I might not be asking the right question. Just got my new Orion Motor Tech 80 W laser, been running test - started on cardboard (the problem is with all material MDF and Oak Plywood),even the Pulse does the same thing. the problem is that I get a laser cut and a mirror burn spot about 7 mm. not sure if is from my air. My machine came with its own air, mounted in the machine.

The far left is 600 - 100 speed at 70% 1 pass, next is 600-100 at 60% 1 pass and last is 600-100 for 40% 1 pass. thanks for your help

You beam is most likely not properly aimed, and glancing off the nozzle as it exits the lens. The lower-left part of the pulse is the original beam, and the upper-right part is the reflection, going by the shapes.

Thanks, I going to see where the beam comes out, I have checked the laser beam and the burn mark is in the center, and where the beam goes down, it is a little high from center

Please make sure you are using CO2 laser-safe eye-protection if you are doing any beam work with the cover open.

Just corrected the mirror on #2 and this corrected the problem, thanks you, thank you. I had check the alignment earlier, and read that the beam needs to be a little high to put in the center of the tub. My moving it to the center corrected the problem. Works great, thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.