Laser does not cut correctly

I will have to make that tomorrow

You’ll get a handle on it. We all go through this with these things. Just take your time :slight_smile:
Take care :slight_smile:

1 Like

Newbie question: If it’s a new machine, is it worth confirming that the lens is installed correctly? That could explain why it doesn’t focus.

Yes mirors were not well adjusted
And air pulse too light
It is ok now

Glad you got it sorted out, Julie!

If it comes from China, you better check it before you use it… :smiley_cat:

When you say it’s all okay now, what speed/power are you using? I find it interesting that everyone looked at possible problems with the machine and not one person asked what kind of ply you are cutting. It’s a bit like saying my inkjet printer is playing up, only to find you’re trying to print on 3mm acrylic.

There are different kinds of ply and some will refuse to cut. As a example, I usually cut 1.5mm at a about 20mm sec at 30% power on my 80 watt, but a recent batch wouldn’t cut at 12mm sec at 50%. The reason being that the second batch was either marine or outdoor ply with a resin glue. The glue bounces the beam back and makes the top veneer burn, just like in your photos. If you’re still running at maximum power, you could be using unsuitable ply,

6mm on a 50 watt machine would probably be about 8mm sec at 50-60% power. I would not go over 60%.