Laser doesn't stay ON during FRAME

Hey there!

I have enabled Laser Fire button, and it’s set at 4%, where it’s well visible.

However, holding the SHIFT button while pressing FRAME just does a normal frame with the laser turned off.
Can this be a bug in my case?

I have read many threads here where people managed to make it work, but it doesn’t work for me. I even reinstalled LightBurn and updated it as well, but its the same.

I have a Carve King from Millright with a JTech 7W laser. Everything is set up well and working, I just can’t get the FRAME to work with laser on.

Cheers!

Do the following for me:

• Run LightBurn
  • Go to Help > Enable Debug Logging
  • Connect to your machine and attempt to run the frame with the Shift key held
  • Quit LightBurn

There will be a file called LightBurnLog.txt in your documents folder. Post that here or email it to me at developer at LightBurnSoftware dot com. I’ll look to make sure the commands are being emitted correctly.

Hey OZ!

Ok, so I tinkered with it a bit and I found out that the laser loses it’s power when moving.
This means that even though I can see a laser when I fire it (when stationary) at 4%, I must have it at 8% or above to see the frame with the laser ON (when moving).

So, apparently, everything works well. It’s just inconsistent while moving.

Here is the log file anyway. I couldn’t upload it here (new user :frowning: ) but here is the link to it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l1o8LlZpToov_fPJveMRYeiep8BerE-c

Cheers!

Most likely you’ve left the frame speed at 200 mm/sec, but have the board limited to less than that in the firmware, and the velocity ramping is lowering the power to compensate.

• Check the max speed you have set in the firmware, either by using Edit > Machine Settings, or typing $$ in the console and looking at $110 and $111 (these are in mm/minute).

• Check the speed in LightBurn’s ‘Move’ window, as that is used for jogging, framing, etc.

If the requested speed is higher than the firmware limits, it will be capped, and the power output reduced.

Ok, so these are the values:

$110=3500.000
$111=4400.000

Speed in the Move window was 100 mm/s so that’s almost double the max speed rate. That was the problem. The values for X and Y axis are different, that would explain why in some cases I could see the laser on y-axis frame movement, and not on x-axis frame movement. :thinking:

Anyway, I set it to 50mm/s, that’s 3000mm/min, and now it works as it should!
I learned something new! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot, and best regards!

SOLVED!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.