Laser drifting/ not working

Hey all

Really frustrated! My laser has been working great for a few months and now all of a sudden it drifts/ doesn’t work at all.

I haven’t tried troubleshooting really. My gut tells me its a hardware issue but thats based on nothing. I’m VERY new to lasers.

Heres an image of a burn. this is suppose to be a square.

That looks like it might just be out of focus. It’s not drifting, as the top and right edges are very sharp.

The little spines along the bottom of the engraving appear to be following the darker grain lines, so that supports that idea - diode lasers use visible light, and are absorbed better by dark colors, so you’re getting a darker burn where the grain lines are.

Thats helpful thanks you…

How do i focus my laser? Is that something i do in LightBurn or do i have to manually do something to the laser?

Thank you!

Most diode lasers have a knob at the bottom of the laser module that you twist to focus. Use the ‘Fire’ button in LightBurn to turn on the laser at the lowest power you can reliably see it, point it at something dark, and twist the lens until you get the smallest possible spot. Most higher power diodes are a rectangle, not a dot, so don’t worry if that’s what you see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.