Laser Engraver Pin Bed Issues

I cut/engrave Acrylic most of the time.
I used the origional egg crate for a while but got VERY tired of the marks/melts on the back of everything I cut.
I moved on to 1" x 2" magnets from Home Depot. They work … mostly.
Sometimes I still get a melt on the back of a project. I appears to be a bounce from the Stainless Steel table. If I lower the power then the piece does not get cut through.
If I turn the magnets up to tall then it solves the bounce (?) but if pieces fall out then they can get cut by the beam.
So I made a 10" square 1/4 acrylic with rows of .125 holes spaced 2" apart. Covered it with Reynolds wrap dull side. And placed 2" rivets in the holes. Works great and I have lots of the needed support.
BUT I still get a beam bounce more often than not. So I painted the tin foil BBQ paint Black. That was REALLY Wrong!!! Catches FIRE!!!.
So I would like any other Idea of what to use as a standoff for cutting Acrylic.
What do you guys use??
Thanks for any suggestions

I mainly use my bar / knife table as much as possible to reduce the reflection. The spacing between each bar is 2 inches. I also run the speed and power settings as close to ideal as possible. One reason for proper speed and power is to get a glass clear edge, and a second reason is to reduce the amount of reflection.

Air assist and really good fume extraction combined with the above also helps to lessen the effects of reflection.

MY table is SS with small slits for air. It is about 24 x 36.

Maybe something like my table is more ideal for you (also 24 x 36):