Laser engraving white tile

Issues using white tile and pictures. Worked fine in the beginning producing about 10 pictures with few if any redos. Now using about the same settings I am getting white streaks on the tile a half inch wide where it looks as if the laser had stopped working and then after the burn is much lighter. this just started happening. Have used the laser since July and burned wood and cutting boards with no issues.

Anyone have any suggestions?

How many hours do you have on the laser? What types of settings are you using?

It’s possible you’ve burned out the laser and it’s starting to tire.

Also, I’d suggest checking the lens for any debris or smoke accumulation. Especially if you don’t have any form of air assist you’ll get a buildup of residue on the lens that will inhibit power. If dirty, clean with IPA.

thanks for the info. I have air and it is a Jinsoku LC-60A 5.5w. I wondered about the life of the laser. I have used the laser, like any good hobbiest since July to try cutting out a dragon and burn about 30 cutting boards and a bunch of tiles all at different power levels. At first all was good but I have noticed that I can’t get it to cut the MDF and the tiles are the real problem. something that was not a problem before.
I have cleaned the lens and the air nozzle previously as they both were dirty as you suggested. I’m not having issues with engraving into wood so far but … the laser could be tiring.

If you’ve cleaned the lens and nozzle there’s likely not much left to the equation other than the laser getting tired. If you’ve been running anywhere close to 100% that can have a detrimental impact on the life of the diode. You can also get a diode that just doesn’t last very long. Failure rates on these consumer grade diodes is quite high. It doesn’t help that the manufacturers are overdriving these and overselling as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.