Laser fires at 100% during all commands

Hello,

I have gone through all the trouble shooting manuals, forums and posts and have not encountered a similar issue with other users, except maybe one but the thread was inconclusive and was closed due to 30 days of no activity. My Issue specifically is that any time a command or an input signal goes to my controller the laser fires at 100% for exactly 30 second. I have flashed my controllers firmware with every version of Ceality’s Laser Module firmware and with every version I have had the same issue. The current version I have installed is CV-30-3DPrint-V3_0_24 and is the most current and correct version for my machine. I don’t believe I am the only person with this issue but I have searched every thread and forum looking for a solution and I can’t find anything that has worked for my specific problem. Bellow is my $$ in the console.

$$

$0=10

$1=250

$2=0

$3=3

$4=0

$5=0

$6=0

$10=1

$11=0.010

$12=0.002

$13=0

$20=0

$21=1

$22=1

$23=3

$24=1500.000

$25=4500.000

$26=20

$27=3.000

$30=1000.000

$31=0.000

$32=1

$100=80.000

$101=80.000

$110=10000.000

$111=10000.000

$120=500.000

$121=500.000

$130=220.000

$131=220.000

ok

My machine settings reflect this chart and my s value is equal to my $30, I have read that there is a constant power mode that can be disabled but to the best of my understanding this mode can only be disabled for individual cuts/layers. This does not solve my problem because the laser fires for manual commands like jog, home, frame, and even when the module connects to the drivers in the Lightburn software. Im at a complete loss if anyone has a solution I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks

Does your laser feature an automatic cooling control for the laser head? In that case, the cabling of the laser head might be wrong.
At my laser (Sculpfun A9), the cooling fan of the laser had isn’t running at all times as earlier models, but it turns on as soon as there is a power command to the laser and runs for about 30-60 seconds after the last command.
So if your laser also generates a signal (like 12V) to turn on the fan and this signal is connected to the PWM line of the laser, then it will turn on at full power and after the desired safety period, it is turned off…

Thank for the reply I never thought about the fan as part of the Interface, I’ll have to check and make sure, the controller module is an out of the box diode laser kit from Creality to adapt to my Ender 3 pro 3D printer so I assumed everything was adapted correctly from the factory. That is very interesting point my fans on my 3D printer run automatically for all controls too so that is very possible. I think it is very possible the wiring or controller could have a fault from the factory. I flashed the firmware on my controller for all three creality firmware downloads and reproduced the same problem all three times so it might be worth contacting Creality and seeing if this might be a manufacturing defect? I would still like to see if I can get this module running I feel like this is some kind of user error and I’m just missing something. If anyone has thoughts I would appreciate any feedback or similar experiences.

What does the cable connection look like? Is it a standard 3-pin connector on each side?

Yeah it is a three pin connector for the laser connection. The one connection is for both the laser and the fan.

Then it can only be a wrong assembly of the laser head itself. Or, you can also try to swap the outer two cables, in case PWM and VCC signals are swapped. But I don’t think so.

Yeah I pulled the shroud off the back of the laser and found three ports two labeled F+, F- and one labeled L+, L-. I imagine the Two F+, F- ports are for fans and the one L+, L- is for laser and the wires were oriented in that manor so I believe they are plugged in correctly. I still think it might be the Firmware I have contacted Creality customer support and I am going to try to see if I am doing something wrong or if the firmware is the problem. if anyone has any thought I would love to here them I am at a complete loss with this thing and I have been 3d printing, CNC Plasma Cutting and Hand turning Machines for going on six years.

Just wanted to give a quick update, had an engineer from Creality Diagnose the problem, it appears the module itself is not functioning properly. The Diagnosis consisted of removing one of the pins from the connector that leads to the Laser Diode and running the module to the laser. after completing this step the laser no longer fired immediately after turning on the module had the laser diode have been defective the laser would have been dim and and not shut off entirely.

Now I am waiting to see if Creality will either repair my current controller or exchange it. I still believe this is a firmware malfunction but I have not heard any indication from the engineers at Creality indicating that is the problem. has anyone tried flashing firmware on Arduino Controllers with cross platform Firmware? let me know if anyone has any thoughts on the matter

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.