Laser firing on overscan

Hi all,

I’m new to the laser scene, having sourced a K40 with a RAMPS/Marlin upgrade that was performed by the previous owner.

I’ve done the forum searches, but can’t find anything so far…

I’m hoping for some help as I can cut great (all mirrors aligned, lens clean and clear etc.), like butter in fact, but as soon as I try to set anything to fill, or have an image, the world goes to heck in a hand basket!

Initially i thought that I may have some issues with dither style, so I’ve played with that, then went to look in to overscan, so started with a 50mm box, and you can see the output - the laser fired constantly, giving me severe ghosting.

Infigure there’s a setting I need to switch somewhere… Does anyone have any thoughts?

I appreciate help for a n00b!

Jon

Edit - this was performed at 100mm /sec on 100%, but manually set on the k40 to 2mA as there is no PWM on my board. I have used both types of M code to no avail.

Do you mean that your board doesn’t support PWM? It also looks like it’s stopping at every power change, which is bizarre. I don’t know RAMPS / Marlin well at all, I’m afraid, so I’m not going to be much help here, though I know we have a few users working with it.

1 Like

Well if it does, then it doesnt work! I have noticed the pauses/stuttering in real time too. Just don’t know what to do about it. I should probably mention that all the gcode is run from SD card, I cannot get Lightburn to connect to the marlin / ramps board

If there’s a more recent firmware that would work on the RAMPS board then I’m all ears!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.