Laser goes passed dimension parameters

Hi I am new to the laser engraving I have a Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2 and use lightburn on my M1 Macbook Air. My problem is when I go to turn on my laser engraver it goes to one side of an area usually left and tries to move passed it even though its at the end of the laser engraver dimensions. I get a message reading (see below). I am unsure how to resolve it. I however went through Lightburn set up and have tried looking through lightburn forums but have had no luck in the solutions provided. One difference is I have set my laser engraver bed to 382 x 382 as that is how big there laser engraving platform but the laser engraver dimensions itself is 400 x 400. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

ALARM:9

Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

Your machine should have 2 limit switches such that they would engage when the laser head moves to the left and front of the machine. It’s possible that you have the laser module in a position where somehow it’s unable to engage the switches.

Check with the machine off by slowly moving the laser module by hand to the left and front. You should be able to hear and feel the engagement of the microswitches once it gets to the end of travel. If you do not that means something is physically impeding the switches from activating. Identify that and resolve.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.