Laser heads for top left when set up for bottom left

Hi I need some help please for what I’m sure has a perfectly simple explanation.
I’ve gone through the device setting window and everything is set for the laser to start at bottom left, but it heads for and starts at top left. This means I’m working upside down. This is a screen shot but unsure if you can see it.
![image|690x388] (upload://fdRTEBGn1ef1EuHnQ5FI2Y3zjDG.png)
Thanks Pierce

Your screenshot didn’t come through, but it sounds like your device origin may be set incorrectly. For an xTool D1, that should be set to the top left:

You can find that by going to ‘Edit’ > ‘Device Settings’.

Many thanks Tyler for coming back to me. so changing the origin to top left will make the laser start at bottom left then? Also the -16mm, should this be zero please? Thanks

how do I attach a screenshot please?

Your laser homes to the top left, and nothing in LightBurn will change that. Generally, that is also the point it will start from, unless you jog it to a different location first. If you’d like to position material in the bottom left and have the laser run your job there, then you can achieve that by positioning the graphics in the bottom left in your LightBurn workspace, and using ‘Absolute Coords’ as your ‘Start From’ mode. You can also use ‘Current Position’ or ‘User Origin’, but those modes are slightly more advanced, and will require jogging your laser and, in the case of ‘User Origin’, setting an origin.

Here are a couple of resources to help you get familiar with the way the different ‘Start From’ modes work:

As to the -16 mm pointer offset applied - that is meant to account for the difference between the location of your xTool’s crosshair and the spot where the actual laser beam will output. It is often easier to toggle that off entirely, and use the ‘Fire’ button for positioning instead.

How do I turn on my diode at low power to focus it or frame a job?

Click this button to upload a screenshot saved to your computer here:

Be sure to wait for it to finish loading before submitting your post.

Thanks very much for your help. It’s a shame the Lightburn team didn’t explain this to me as I’ve had 7 weeks of frustration! Thanks again Pierce

Hi again
i’ve experienced this problem before in that the job stops midway and the toolpath says the job has finished. Any ideas please?

The connection loss issue could be a simple USB connection drop out. Here are some resources on troubleshooting connection issues:

xTool provides some suggestions of their own here:

If you find that a simple change, like trying a new USB cable, does not resolve the issue you’re seeing, I recommend looking into xTool’s suggestions from the above guide - some of the possible causes will require contacting xTool support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.