Laser is burning in places where it should be passing over and not burning

The configuration changes wouldn’t be in LightBurn itself but in the laser controller. Thes are the settings that start with $. These are stored in your laser controller, not in LightBurn.

You can see that $32=1 in the Console output. That looks fine.

One configuration that specifically looks odd is that $13 is set to 1 which means it will report distances in inches. This won’t work for LightBurn and you’ll need to change this to $13=0. This does not mean that you can’t work in inches in LightBurn. That’s unrelated. This just determines the units of communication between LightBurn and the controller.

Can you attach a .lbrn file here for review? I suspect the remaining issues you’re having may be related to your cut settings.

I am not sure when you want a .Ibrn file. Where do I get that? I don’t mean to sound stupid, but many terms I do not understand.

When you create a project in LightBurn and save it, it saves as a .lbrn or .lbrn2 file.

You initially indicated that you were getting lines in your burn during travel moves. Then you indicated that with the change to laser mode that those lines have disappeared but you don’t get a burn. I’m assuming you’ve setup something in LightBurn to test this.

Take whatever you are using to test, save it. Find the saved file and post it here.

cat_line_art_pitr_Kitty_icon.lbrn2 (27.3 KB)
I think this is what you want.

Cat
Here is the cat that I sent you after I burnt it in a tile. This is when $32 is off.

What are you attempting to burn to? Are you not getting any markings at all with this project file?

The speeds are a bit fast but I would expect this to at least make a visible mark. Try reducing speed dramatically. Also, I would suggest you don’t run at 100% power in general in order to help extend diode life. So let’s say 800 mm/minute and 60% power.

This should certainly mark most surfaces. Adjust speed and power from there to get desired results.

Ok, Thank you I will try it now.

I just tried it. I put the speed to 75 and the burn to 80%. got nothing.

I turned $32 to False and it worked but still made the lines it should not.

This is what my machine settings look like.
Machine settings

What are the units for the 75? And when you say you get nothing? What happens? Do you see light?

Also, there’s really no situation where you’ll ever want to disable laser mode.

Take a screenshot of Edit->Device Settings when you get a chance. Want to see if there’s anything odd there.

The laser light up like normal but does no burning.
Device Settings

Cut Settings Editor
This is the cut settings editor. That is the settings

You’re working in inches/min. So 75 inches/min is 1905 mm/min. Try going way down to 20 inches/min. If that doesn’t work, try 10 inches/min. Keep slowing down until a mark is made.

ok, will do

You did it. That’s what it was. It works perfect now. A lot slower, but perfect. Thank you so much. I owe you a beer. George7

Great. You can play with the settings to get back to where you were. I suggest you run some test patterns to get a good idea of best settings for your materials.

I will, and thank you for all your help. Now I will buy the program. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.