Laser is busy error sending picture

Both of these photo tests failed to send.

The 428kb one was 200 mm/s and 150 dpi.
The 6,801kb one was 500 mm/s and 600 dpi.

How many devices are between your PC and your laser? Itā€™s pretty rare for a cabled network connection to fail, but if you have a few router hops in between it can happen.

Itā€™s also worth checking to see if your controller memory is already full of files - if you host stuff on the controller itself, you may need to clear it out.

Computer
Switch
Laser

it sends small vector engravings fine

Iā€™ve seen people have issues with that on occasion, but thatā€™s really rare.

You can also try bumping up the network timeout value in the device settings - the default is 5 sec, but you can set it to 10 or higher.

You can also try going directly from the PC to the laser, without the switch. Iā€™ve seen switches that will drop packets if they arrive fast enough and thereā€™s other traffic through the switch - UDP is not guaranteed delivery.

Nothing on the controller

Where is this located?

Never mind. Tried 15 Seconds. Still failed

I did a ping and it said no lost packets.
I can try without the network switch later, but I need the switch to have internet.

Just wanted to chime in here that Iā€™ve had a similar problem running even small files with no image since the last upgrade I was able to install (0.9.14). These are small files, burning 2x3" fobs, no images, only text and line. Exact same files sent fine to the laser from Lightburn, and very quickly, but as soon as I would try to run a file with more than one cutout, it failed. Literally tried with two objects instead of one and running from Lightburn failed. The file size with two objects is 50 KB. See image below for filesize and objects in Lightburn.

Havenā€™t had this issue for nearly the full year before upgrading to 0.9.14, and was running batch runs with up to 12 of those, executing directly from Lightburn with no problem (also with multiple 2x3" images running in batches of 10 have run fine in the past). Laser is wired, Surface is wireless. Send to the Ruida (running one of the blue/white 50 watt Chinese lasers) was essentially instantaneous. This issue was reproducible during tests on two different days, and again, sending the file from lightburn to the ruida and running it from there works fine. Network path is Surface > WIFI Router > gig switch > Laser.

I can get by with sending, although I really prefer running straight from lightburn (love the software, BTW) Oh, and my license just ran out in July, shortly after this happened, so I canā€™t test if the new version is making any difference in this setup. Anyway, just thought the above might be helpful since it seems to be a similar issue.

1 Like

We have this magical process called ā€œrenewalā€ for $30 that will fix this. :slight_smile:
If youā€™re connected by WiFi, you will always get some dropped packets. You can increase the network timeout in the device settings, and that might help.

Waitā€¦ you are saying that there is a yearly fee on top of the $80?

Not what Iā€™m saying, no: https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/how-the-lightburn-license-works

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.