Laser is not engraving anymore

Hi,

i have a 2500mW Diodelaser which worked as it should a few days ago.
As of today, he no longer likes.When laser engraving NOTHING can be seen on the wood.

I then remembered that the day before yesterday I tried to engrave glass. I painted a test tube with black sharpie (read somewhere that this should bring something :slight_smile: ) and then tried to laser (which didnt work of course :slight_smile: .

Can it be that the laser has broken (reflection)? Can I somehow check whether there is a hardware defect? And if so: Is it possible to replace anything or do I have to replace the entire laser unit?

Or is it possible that something is wrong with the software?

This are my settings:

Best wishes
Daniel

There are only three lines running to most of the solid state lasers.

Power, ground and the pwm signal… It’s unlikely that your controller gave up the ghost, which leaves the led or laser module…

The power and ground are needed along with the pwm signal…

If you can measure the pwm voltage at 50% it should be 2.5V… that would be half power… if the pwm signal is there, I’m afraid it’s probably the laser module…

:smile_cat:

Cables and voltage is ok… So it must be the laser module :sob:

Update: I tried my laser with the software Laser GRBL and it works. So issue must be related to Light burn settings… Any ideas?

Did you follow the setup for grbl machines…?

This contains all the required settings…

Hi,

ok, will check it, thank you :+1:

i have found cause of problem.
I remember that i removed and re-added my laser device.
And for some reason i did choos GRBL as Device Type but as my firmware is GRBL 1.1 i should have choosen GRBL-M3.

Not it works perfectly.
Question is, if i should update GRBL firmware anyway…
Are there great improvements since 1.1?
Can i install higher version or are there any hardware requirements i do have to check prior to installation?

Best regards
Daniel

I don’t recommend upgrading firmware unless there is reason… if it’s not doing something that you need and an upgrade fixes that, then yes, upgrade…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.