Laser is shown as disconnected

Hello, I have just got my Atomstack A5 Pro, I got it as far that it shows up in Lightburn, but it shows all the time disconnected. So what do I forgot to do?

I also dont find any discription on how are the next steps to use it.

Hope so much somebody can help me here?

kumi

Try 3 things:

1. Turn on laser before opening LightBurn.
  2. Right click on Devices button in Laser window to force reconnect
  3. In LightBurn Laser window, make sure that the proper port is selected for the laser.

Start with configuration basics:

Then continue with the rest of the story:

Welcome aboard!

Thank you ! for such a quick response. Now it seems connected, but it almost fall down from the table because the laser crashed agains x/y 0 point and vibrated

it showed this
Homing

ALARM:9

Referenzfahrt fehlgeschlagen. Endschalter in Suchentfernung konnte nicht gefunden werden. Definiert als 1,5 * max_travel bei der Suche und 5 * Pulloff bei Suchphasen.

ok

Grbl 1.1h [‘$’ for help]

[MSG:‘$H’|‘$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

ALARM:9

Referenzfahrt fehlgeschlagen. Endschalter in Suchentfernung konnte nicht gefunden werden. Definiert als 1,5 * max_travel bei der Suche und 5 * Pulloff bei Suchphasen.

ok

Grbl 1.1h [‘$’ for help]

[MSG:‘$H’|‘$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

This part of the documentation may be relevant:

If the machine does not have homing switches, then you must disable Auto-home on Startup:

Okay I typed in the G92 X0 Y0
it says ok. Then I enabled the auto home switch.
Each time I go on device again I have to restart the lightburn otherwise its again not connected.
So now its connected, but is it right that I may not press the home button?

Then again it starts vibrating and pushing against 0/0 loud

These discussions may be helpful:

Perhaps you must install the appropriate serial driver?

Does the machine have home switches?

I do not see any in the pictures of it, but perhaps yours is different.

If it does not have home switches, then you must disable Auto-home, because that depends on having switches installed and operational.

Without home switches, then you must follow the manual homing procedure described in the documentation. Basically, you position the laser to the XY=0 position by hand, then tell the controller where it is. After that, you must always jog the laser using the controls, not push it by hand, to ensure the controller knows where it is.

The documentation covers the process:

The First Project example in the documentation should be helpful:

This site gives a comprehensive overview of everything involved in using a diode laser:

Thank you . Now it is connected

But I have several problems

1. All with the Atomstack A5 Pro. Now I tried something to laser for the first time. The laser also drove to the position, lasered, but nothing is visible on the wood, although it smells slightly burned.

2. I have the error message ALARM 9, every time I set him to start position home he drives against the boards even though I have deactivated automatic start.
    One time he looked for the position mirror-inverted, but also drove there against the barrier, vibrated very loudly and error alarm 9 is displayed in the console!

3. I still don’t find any information about all the settings I really need to put, for laser. The basics. Where do i find them?

And one last question. Am I safe with the glasses or is it not suggested to look at the wood while it is lasering?

Have you read the documentation and Diode Laser Wiki I linked? Have you tried the “first project” in the LightBurn doc? Those will give you the basics and get you familiar with the terminology.

You must run a Material Test on whatever stock you are using to find the correct settings:

Please: read the documentation. It will answer your questions!

You cannot home a machine that does not have Home switches. Turning off Auto-Home prevents that from happening automatically during startup, but you cannot do it manually at any time.

Please read the doc again:

How many eyes are you willing to expend while answering that question? [grin]

From what I’ve heard around here, all “safety glasses” enclosed with cheap diode lasers are crap. You should buy enough known-good glasses from a reputable supplier for everyone who may be exposed to the laser light. In general, the light shield around the laser will do a good job, but accidents will happen and you need a second line of defense.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.