Laser just for rotary

Been laser etching for over 3 years, tried using the rotary attachment that came with the lasers but not having any luck. I like recommendations on a laser that is made for rotary, that I can set up and leave and use exclusively for rotary work. Looking for something easy to operate and understand, and under a $1000 if possible.

What types of objects do you want to use? You can build this using a used 10W diode laser for about $150, I’d say. It could look like this:


(Ok, this one was even cheaper. But you can enhance the design a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mainly glass bottles, I do a lot of flat/square bottles now but I’m always getting asked to do round.

1 Like

There is a little hassle switching back and forth, but any laser can be dedicated to rotary work. However, I like @misken’s machine. :grin:

Care to share what is not working? It might be an easy fix.

Not really sure mostly frustration on my part, been over a year since I actually tried using the rotary. Just really looking for a machine that is just a rotary laser and not worry about switching back and forth.

I don’t think there is actually a single rotary laser available. But you can configure any laser with a rotary and then don’t touch the configuration again, then you have a dedicated rotary laser :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought a bottom tier Ortur, called the Afuero. It is dedicated to my rotary tool.

No more fuss going from flat to rotary machine.

1 Like