Laser Lens Recommendations

My experience with lenses is not much, However I do realize that the protective coating is important. I have a 150 watt tube, and have determined that the lens I have has been slightly scorched. I plan to purchase a few lenses and I don’t want to wind up with a cheap lens, even if I pay more for it. So, the request is for quality recommendations. I know Amazon has a variety, but I don’t know quality brands when I see them. I’d love to get some names and a brief reason they are your recommendation.

Thank you.

This is very good overview to help with understanding the subject matter, but not brand specific as you are asking.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any comments on the lenses that Cloudray supplies?

I buy the ii-vi infrared lenses that cloudray sells. Best lenses I have found so far.

2 Likes

Good tip, GOM. I didn’t realize they were selling those lenses.

I see they have a lens and mirror kit, but no lens only option… would you say the mirrors are important for this type of configuration?

I am also looking for lens and mirror recommendations. I can’t find any references to ‘ii-vi infrared’ on the cloudray site. Would you mind posting a link?

1 Like

Here you go.

They have them listed as OEM under the cloudray brand, and as ii-vi branded in the same listing. They are all made by ii-vi however.

2 Likes