Laser master 2 - No shapes in your project set to output

Nothing changes at 25%. Its just a blue laser that has no power to cut or burn

I can’t say for sure - I’ve seen the same thread that you have regarding the update (Ortur Laser Master and Laser Master 2 Firmware Updates 1.34) but I have not done this process myself with a Mac, only a PC.

Except, that’s not how such diodes are rated, except by manufacturers who want to boost their numbers.

The rating is as Mitsubishi, Nichia, etc rate them when sold for their correct purpose, not how sellers would like to purport them to be.

Oh I’m fully aware - just telling people what to look for. It’s’ completely deceptive - a bit like offering a machine for 50$ with a $2000 “shipping charge” so your listing comes up first on EBay.

Don’t use mac! Ortur said to use o li PC. I tried with mac and i bunerd motherboar

I’d be interested as to how the computer you use ‘burned motherboard’.

I only use Mac, except for machines without any Mac support.

If you use mac for updating Ortur laser master firmware, mac can’t see it ad usb key and you Will fail to update burning motherboard

OK, we have a wildly different idea about what constitutes ‘burning motherboard’.

TheOrtur is based on the 328p chip - easily upgraded with a Mac - much easier than a PC.

Hi OZ,
Appreciate your help in the past. I was trying different media to cut on and was starting to get settings figured out and then BAM the laser went out. I waited 4 weeks and received it today, made me happy. I got the new laser attach and it works, but it doesn’t cut as well as the other. I made a chart for cutting different material and now those settings dont give the same results
Maybe out of focus? I havent been able to find a way to focus.

Next question is I received the camera and the mount for the lm2 but no instruction, any suggestions to where I might find?
THX

General camera documentation is here: https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/Documentation/blob/master/Using_a_Camera.md#using-a-camera-with-lightburn

You’ll have to figure out a way to mount it sturdy so it doesn’t move relative to the machine. These are normally used by folks whose lasers have lids, which makes mounting for them relatively easy.

im trying to figure out why my fire button in home tab went a way? Anyone have a clue how to get it back?

Yes sir thx Rick. I wonder why it doesn’t remember my settings. I use a mac. Should I use PC for running lightburn? Anyways, its fixed up now. I no trying to figure where im suppose to mount this lil camera. Were no instructions. Any idea? thanks again for the help.

LightBurn does remember your settings so I would need some more exacting data points to work from to offer assistance with this. Share a bit more detail, please.

I don’t. Well, I do because of testing and other LightBurn support related things. :wink: But, I prefer running LightBurn on my macs. It works great!

As for mounting location, mounting above the bed, centered and in a stationary location so the camera is in the same place when used after calibration is “best”. Most users mount their camera to the inside of the access lid around the center lift handle. Some lasers have lids that are not stationary, can move side to side, or do not return to the same spot, thus changing the camera distance from the bed each time the lid is opened. This is not an issue for those lids that use gas struts that hold the lid door in the same spot each time it is opened.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.