Laser moves, but not burn

I am new to this world. I set up an Ortur laser and downloaded Lightburn Mac software. I drew a test simple shape, clicked on “Start” in the Laser control window. The machine moved and appeared to run the shape. A green light was cast on the wood, but it did not burn the image into the wood. I appreciate any guidance on this. I imagine I am missing a simple setting.
Thanks for your assistance

What do you have the power and speed set at. With the Ortur, you really need to pump up the power to make a mark.

Thanks for your rapid response. It is set at the default settings that came with the initial opening of the software.
Power - Max 20
Speed - 6000 mm/m

Bump the power up to 50, and slow the speed to 3000. Just to get a picture of what is needed for that material. Depending on how it turns out, you can adjust the power/speed.

Thanks Shawn. That works. I can play from there to get the results I want. Looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

1 Like

Hi Bill, could you pop into the reply section under the dots and just mark this as SOLVED please. It helps others find answers more quickly. Thanks and happy your back working :slightly_smiling_face:

Gary

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.