Laser not fireing

little help needed here. I’m just finishing a new home build laser. I am using an Aenbuslm 20w head piece and connecting it to an A20 Atomstack control box. After a lot of conversations ?? With AI. Copilot I have it all running ok though lightburn except that I can only get an uncontrolled fire with the Blue light switched on. If I turn the Blue to Green ( where I understand that is where it should be for the laser cutting with Lightburn) I get no response from a signal from Lightburn. Is there any kind knowledgeable person out there who can brighten my day. Thank you in anticipation. Peter.

It sounds like the PWM signal from the Atomstack is not making it to the laser module, you must already have the power wired correctly to get the manual fire, how many wires are there going into the laser module and what are the colors?

Find the PWM signal wire and the signal ground wire if there is one and make sure they are correctly connected, the wire colors may not be a 1:1 match with the way AtomStack typically wire to their own laser modules.

Thank you for your response. And I think that the answer in actually in the first sentence of it, “ It sounds like the PWM signal is not making it to the laser module “

My laser module has 3 wires, I have checked all of them. The PWM has not got a signal ground wire, but the empty PWM ground connector next to it is bridged to the power ground..

It really should work but reading your first line, the thing I haven’t checked is the lead between the computer and the AtomStack controller. That could be faulty and I know I have a spare so I will check that out first thing tomorrow morning I’m in Australia..thank you. I will report back to you with hopefully the glad tidings thanks again Peter

I meant the wire carrying the signal from the Atomstack control board to the laser module, and specifically, to check where it plugs into the laser module - that it’s a good connection to the right pin.

If you have a multimeter you should be able to get a small DC reading on your PWM signal wire if you manually fire the laser at 5 to 10%. Or, if you have a small 3 or 5v led floating around you should see it light up if you put the long leg on the signal and short leg to ground.

What do you mean here? Do you change the layer colors? Then you have to change the settings for such layers to make the laser fire (e.g. if power is set too low, it won’t fire visibly).

That is OK. The PWM has no own ground wire, it uses the overall system ground. So once the laser head is connected with all three wires to the mainboard, everything should be fine.

You don’t need to do this. This is irrelevant. The USB connection is digital, only data is transferred. As long as you can connect to the machine, this connection works fine.