Laser not firing from software

I was running my OMTech K40+ using Light Burn software. The job was running fine, I turned the machine off and disconnected the computer. I went back to run another job, turned the machine on and plugged in the computer. When running the job, the laser moved like it was working but did not fire at all. I tested the machine and it fired correctly. I tested via Light Burn and it did not do anything. This all happened within an hour of working properly. I verified that the $30 = 1000, $31 = 0 & $32 = 1 and the S-value is 1000

Generally these don’t fail, they are pretty dependable.

Ensure that your water protection is active, as are other settings, such as laser enable switch. After it’s been off for a while, go around and gently tug on the wires. They should be secure. Found more than one of these where the screw or pin wasn’t connected and you just pull the wire out…

Always figure it isn’t broke first, just something didn’t change… we all fat finger stuff… This wouldn’t include areas that you haven’t visited…

Of course something could have failed… power up is when they claim most electronics fail. Of course if was power down, we wouldn’t know until we power up… :exploding_head:

Which test button did you use?

There is one on the console and one on the lps (laser power supply).

Someone with one of these can better advise you. Depending on how it’s wired, it isn’t clear to me with limited data, if it’s more likely the lps or controller…

@berainlb has dealt with these more than me, so hopefully he’ll his two cents to the pot.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

The test button that worked was on the laser machine

The test that did not work was from the console on Light Burn.
I did gently tug on wire and didn’t see anything loose.
Water is running through properly.
I tested alignment and when fired from machine it burns correctly.
When I start a project in LightBurn it will run like it should but does not fire/burn.

The water protection was off because not enough water in the container. It is working, I am now closing this post.

1 Like