Laser Not holding Calibration scaling

I updated to 1.4 and installed my 300mm lense. no issues checked and adjusted to engrave a 50 mm box worked fine. After engraving finished ate lunch nothing touched, went to run additional passes but it no longer was sized correctly… figured I did something, switched to my 100mm checked everything started working same issue later red laser and engraving size changed but everything was as set… Recalibrated scaling to get 50 x50 box ran a coin finished late last night. woke up this morning wanted to run a clean up on the coin red laser now shows oblong circle… what would cause this

If these changed on their own when we lunched, we’d be in deep trouble, so I don’t think you can blame it on gremlins. The only other option is a hardware failure, doubtful.

I chased something similar… maybe it will help…

I have 4 lenses, the F420 was setup by the factory (Cloud Ray), I setup the F254 via the Lightburn video on lens corrections for a fiber… The remaining two (F160 and F100) were done using Corfile2 that comes with EZCad2 and only runs on Windows.

Went from coins on the F100 to the F160 for the same project… seeking more of a depth of field.

The same 40mm tool frame was now 25mm or thereabouts. I changed to other lenses and the size was off… after a day of major frustration I followed my own advice and walked away for a day.

You brain works on this stuff even when you are not consciously thinking about it…

I decided I’d start with the factory lens and work backwards to the newer lenses. It turn out they all were fine, except the cor file for the F160.

Seems it had erroneous data… I had done this on two separate instances and found the original, which I’m sure worked OK… None of the worked properly…

Once I re processed the cor file (made a new one), it all fell back in place…

There isn’t much outside effect on these, so I can’t tell you why the other lenses gave me problems … except what we usually look for and that’s operator error…

I’m sure my issue was a combination of a bad cor file added to something the operator (me) did giving me false data leading to false conclusions.

1. How do you separate the lenses data?
  2. Do you have a different device file for each?
  3. What procedure did you use to align the newer lenses, or did they all come with the machine from the factory?

:smile_cat:

1. I use different devise for each lens 100, 200, 300
  2. all data was taken from corresponding markcfg7 file for each lense which have always worked on both my pc and Mac
  3. these are factory lenses that came with factory settings which where used but adjusted because of this issue, I did talk to Emily and adjusted back to the factory specs and those give a 50X54.4 measurement on what should be a 50x50… took pic of mirror for her and looks in good shape.

I usually walk away and look for information after a bit of troubleshooting, and the laser is back out of the way and pc wasn’t touched ( even checked my camera ). unless machine is mad it can’t have coffee in the morning I am at a lose to what may have changed…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.