Laser says 'ready' but doesn't respond to move inputs

I am new to this. I can create a project in LightBurn, save it, and run it in LaserGRBL. But when I try to run it in Lightburn, even though the status bar says ‘ready’ the laser does not respond to any manual input’s like move or home or run. When setting up my laser in lightburn, there wasn’t an option for my NEJE, so I used standard GRBL. I would much prefer to start and end a project in Lightburn, but so far nada. Any suggestions?

Can you attach a full-screen screenshot of LightBurn with the laser plugged in?

My guess is that the laser is not connected. Make sure that the port is selected in the Laser window.

Thank you. It was on the wrong port.
Also had to go in and set maxS to 10000. Now it is burning. Just need practice to get the hang of power/speed settings. If the power setting on the cut/laser tab says max100%, min 10% will it still reduce the power as needed? or are the darker areas just going to cut at full power?

This is likely not what you want. Check the value of $30 in Edit->Machine Settings. Make S Value Max match what is in $30.

For G-code machines min power has no effect other than for grayscale images. However, the power does modulate as necessary to compensate for acceleration/deceleration if you are using GRBL version >= 1.1f.

Thank you for your help. I have a much better understanding now. I am glad that I can use lightburn from start to finish on projects. I successfully finished my first photo and grey scale burns. Moving on to cutting thin hobby plywood parts today. At full power (7.5W) I would think that it will take 3 or 4 passes. I have read that you need some type of honeycomb base or other material to hold the wood up off of the work surface. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Bonjour à tous, je suis nouveau sur ce site car je viens de faire l’acquisition d’un laser 6565 Laser Engraving Machine avec un laser diode D-B10W de puissance 80w
Je commence seulement à le faire fonctionner et sous LaserGRBL fourni, aucun souci tout fonctionne. J’ai voulu faire des essais de Lightburn avant d’en faire l’achat mais impossible de faire la liaison avec le laser. Comme pour ( jlsnwa ) il indique " prêt " et Echec de transfert
" un problème s’est produit lors de l’envoi des données au Laser. La mchine est peut être occupée, ou en pause "
J’ai donc besoin d’aide , merci pour vos réponses

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.