Laser seems to be losing steps, eg. printing odd circles

I just received my laser 10 days ago and am new to this technology. I am running lightburn using a topwisdom controller and am still at the point of trying to determine settings for various materials which I plan on using.

I noticed that when I burn circles specifically created in LB then they are not round. Small circles actually do not meet at the origin while larger ones have a slight bump on the circumference. I have tried slowing the speed down to about 50mm/sec without any improvement. Is this a known problem with LB/topwisdom or do might I have a more serious problem with my stepper motors?

Thanks for your assistance.

check your grub screws for tightness. If you have a loose pulley, but not “too loose,” it may rock within a limited range, providing the results you’re seeing.

good thought but no joy. I’m embarrassed to say that I found a ziptie I neglected to remove on one of the belts. That definitely helped but the circles I am burning are still somewhat irregular.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.