Laser Slipping between Fill Pass and Line Pass

Hey!

I recently got a 60 Chinese laser with a RUIDA RDC6442G controller. Using Lightburn of course!

Noticed yesterday when trying to do a camera alignment that I am seeing slipping between the fill pass and line pass. So today did a similar test with 4 circles at different spots on the bed to fill… then those same 4 circles to line. all 4 circles seems to have some slipping with the one below being the worst.

Oz in a different post mentioned it could need some adjustments of the idle speed or acceleration. Should I just be making tweaks to both and testing or is there a better way to go about fine tuning this so the issue gets fixed? Thank you for anyone reading, and any expertise is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Brett

Hey mate, I have similar issue did you find a fix? Cheers

Hey!

No, because I haven’t had time to test. I am hoping to try some stuff today and will report back here. I am basically just going to adjust setting and test until I notice it change. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Hey, I fixed my issue last night it was the feature PMW Rising Edge, I changed it from a false to true on the x axis and now I don’t have the issue

Hope yours is nice and simple too

Cheers

1 Like

@unstable81 I am so glad I read this before doing too much testing today. No of my tweaks were really working and then saw and tried setting the PMW Rising Edge to TRUE, seemed to work like a charm. Will try a few other tests to make sure, but seems all is good. Thank you!

Cheers,
Brett

I was going crazy with mine also until I read another thread and saw this solution

Hope it’s all fixed and I learnt a lot through testing so it’s not a complete loss

Cheers

Thanks a lot for sharing this information!
I was getting nuts why my DIY laser cutter was not performing the way it should. I did all the double checks, calibrations etc. but still my images were offset.

In my case I had to set PMW Rising Edge to TRUE on both X and Y axis, but now all is working fine.

Thanks again, you saved my day!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.