Laser stopped working on AtomStack A5 Pro

Good evening forum!

I have been using an Atomstack A5 Pro for about a month. I am engraving some stainless lids for coffee mugs and have done the same job 7 times with success. On the last round, the engraver simply stopped.

I attempted to start the job over. The laser head moves like it is supposed to, but the laser itself is not firing. I have tried to restart Lightburn, cycle the power on the engraver, and check all the plugs.

on the top of the laser head (when it was working) it had a red light for the power and a blue light for the laser. The blue light is no longer on.

Any thoughts from the group?

Mac OS.

I would check for voltage at the laser connector.

Not even sure how to do this, or what I would be looking for.

Have you checked fuse? Do you have a multimeter?

I don’t have a multimeter. I was trying to locate the fuse, but I am not sure where it is.

You still have a red light on?

Red light is still on. Blue light is not.

I would check the wiring from the controller to laser.

Hello everyone.
It happened exactly the same to me yesterday, after 20 days with my A5 Pro.
I already wrote both te shop and directly to AtomStack support and waiting for an answer, but at least I’m not alone with that.
My unit mount a L40 head, and after a (successful) engrave on a painted metal surface, the laser disappeared.
All the rest is perfectly working, including the RED led on top, always on, and the BLUE led, working based on the supposed laser activity.
I already checked all the cablings and the lens, nothing strange.

I hope is a simple issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.