Laser stops at random in the Y

So I am having an issue with a Chinese laser, It will randomly stop in the Y axis. It is not consistent, it will stop at different times/positions during a job, sometimes at the front of the laser sometimes at the back. The controller is RDC6442S-B (EC) from Rudia, the stepper motor drivers are HBS57 hybrid stepper driver. The trouble shooting steps we have tried so far are as follows. Swapping the drivers so the X axis is on the Y and the reverse, resulted in no change. The Y axis motor was replaced with a brand new one, this resulted in the laser working correctly for a little while, then stopping in the Y during a job and has stopped on 3 of the 4 jobs it has run.

After the gantry has stopped in the Y the only way to get it going again is to restart the machine and it will home itself and continue as normal, the typical job of the laser can range anywhere between 3 to 15 minutes.

The motor driver will through an error when it stops (7 blinks) which is a position following error. And in case anyone needs this the motor model is 573HB M20-1000 V2.0.

Thanks in advance for any help. We are stumped at what is going on with this.

I would try running the Y axis and wiggling the cable all along between motor and controller. I would suspect bad connection near motor since it worked for a while.

The wires all intact and secured properly, when the issue is happening the driver is outputting voltage as if it was working properly, i.e. voltage on the U V W are the same as when it is operating normally.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.