Laser stops in middle of job, Lightburn still streaming

So far, the UPS seems to be doing the trick. Today, when the compressor kicked in the lights flickered and I held my breath, but Lizzie Laser just kept on chugging along. :grin:

Not having the same issue, but have noticed when a job is done, Lightburn sometimes doesnā€™t register the job as complete - it still says 99% complete, and when I try to change to a new job, it says it is still streaming. It is really odd. I have everything correct - usb ports checked for not sleeping, UPS installed, etc. At least it isnā€™t stopping in the middle of the job!

Thatā€™s a bit peculiar. Sounds like thereā€™s still a partial disconnect or something happening but as you say, good that itā€™s not actually stopping in the middle of the job.

What do you need to do to recover from that situation?

well after trying all i can find on how to stop usb going to sleep i cannot fix the problem, i tried small jobs today and they are stopping after 5 minutes or so. Im at a loss, looks like i have a laser for saleā€¦

Hey Joe,
What kind of computer do you have? Take heart - If itā€™s quitting at exactly the same time each time it isnā€™t likely to be a laser problem - itā€™s probably this minor obstacle with the settings on the computer.

The keywords are ā€˜Selective Suspendā€™ and the WinBuzzer link above seems like it might direct you.

I just closed Lightburn and started again. No biggie.

This laser is still doing this, just not as often. I also have a diode laser that never does it, and never has. I use the same laptop for it. Admittedly the jobs I do on it are small. I am beginning to think it is this cheap, crappy Chinese laser - one of those yellow and black GY 460 jobs. Bought it second hand to start with. It has paid for itself. Time to upgrade to one with a Ruida controller, me thinks.

What kind of laser do you have, Joe? Mine is a yellow and black Chinese GY 460 - a piece of junk. I bought it second hand, but have spent as much upgrading it as I paid for it. About to buy a better one, me thinks.

Donā€™t let them tell you its not the upgrade. I just had that same update trash all of my settings and exhibit very similar behavior. Im going back too. It may not be JUST the upgrade but something in there is wacky.

Its a 2015 macbook pro. I have installed the first version of lightburn and presume its not that. The pausing is not the same time every time it can be a few minutes or over 10. The only thing i havent tried yet is the ups.

i have the sculpfun s9, great piece of kit for its price.

I also have the Sculpfun S6 Pro. No problems with it, even when using the same laptop. I only do small jobs with it, though.

Thankyou for replies and help given, I think i may have fixed the problem.

I did move my computer and sculpfun using alternative usb ports. I have just plugged back into original ports and it did a 15 minute burn no problem ( one it was failing on the other day) I will however report back if anything else goes awry.

Happy lasering people :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.