Laser will not fire in LB but will fire in XCS

Background: I have owned a D1 pro 20 Watt for 2 yrs. I recently extended the D1 Pro with the kit from X-tool. I just recently purchased a new D1pro 20 Watt (from X-tool) that I intend to use for small projects and engraving mugs.
The extended d1 has been working fine. I assembled the new D1 and was setting it up for testing. I have included a video of the start-up of the new D1. The machine will home and frame the design file. As soon as I press start, the machine immediately returns to home and the laser never fires. Once it reaches home, it sounds like it shuts off the cooling fan and then turns it back on but the laser never fires or moves. That’s when I press stop. I start over with the same results. I disconnect the laser and check to see if I mixed up the plug wiring. I find no issues.
So, I decided to fire up the ext D1 pro, that has been working fine, and it does the same exact thing with a new design file. That’s when I threw my hands up in frustration, because it was working the last time I used it. I then decided to use XCS software. I have never used XCS but I was able to use it to create and engrave a shape file. No issues. Both lasers were connected to XCS and both lasers engraved different files. Both lasers worked in XCS but not LB.
Anybody have any ideas. I am a hobbyist with not a lot of experience. I have the latest upgrade to XCS software installed. I use LB software all the time and it’s updated.
This is the first time I have had two lasers. When they are both turn on at the same time, LB has one on Com #3 and the other one on Com #4.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I have two non-working lasers using Lightburn software.

Hi.

I have only one D1 Pro, and haven’t encountered the behaviour You’re describing, but:

I’m not entirely sure it’s possible to have two xTool laser controllers connected to LB at the same time.
If I’m mistaken and it is possible, are the firmware versions of the machines the same?

Since both the lasers work in XCS, it’s unlikely that the write enable switch is in the wrong position on the new machine, but it doesn’t hurt to make sure it is.

Regards,
Sam

:finland:

Can if separate COMM assignments by Windows.

1 Like

Hi.

Thanks, I remember reading that there would possibly be some Windows issues, but I must have misunderstood.

Regards,
Sam

:finland:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.