Laser will not move on X axis when using Lightburn Framing or Set position by clicking

Ok so when I’ve have tried to frame my work or use the “set laser to position by clicking” the laser head will just move on the X axis.

I apologize i have it backwards…It moves on Y axis but not X axis when trying to use framing and in the “Move” laser with the controller plus “set position of laser by clicking”. None of those option will work on the X axis.

What kind of machine is this?

And what’s the history of the laser? Did this previously work and only start showing this behavior? When you say it doesn’t move on X for those two functions, does it work in other situations?

Ok So I had the machine about a month. It’s a Iwecolor YR10 Laser 60w 5.5w output. I use Abso. Coordinates, and I didn’t know I had a problem until I watched a video on Homing the device and use Abso. Coordinates plus using the Framing button. When his moved like a frame around his project every time is when I knew something wasn’t right. Mine would only move on the Y axis unless you just turned it on had your material ready to hit the Frame button then It would work properly. When you run your next project and the machine has been left ON then It will not move on the X axis and it had always been like that. Works like it is suppose to when you first turn the machine on. What I’m wondering is because I have to Home the machine manually…Will I have to Home it after every project even though it goes back to Home when done with a Project. I hope I explained everything well enough… Thank you for Replying.

Are you certain your machine has homing switches? From a cursory review your machine is not equipped with switches. If that’s the case it’s likely that it’s not intended to be able to auto-home your machine.

When you’ve attempted to home your machine, does it crash into the frame or does it stop gracefully at each limit, bounce off, move again toward the corner, stop, and then bounce off for the last time? If it does not do this then you likely do not have switches or something else is wrong.

In that case you do not actually have homing switches you have 2 options:

1. manually home your machine by putting the laser head to front-left of machine before turning on. In most machines, this will set the starting position to origin. This should allow you to use any of the “start from” modes in Laser window including Absolute Coords
  2. only use “current position” as the start from mode in Laser window and do not attempt to home the machine.

No I sure it does not have limiter switches on cause it will hit the rail and try to go further if the rail didn’t stop it. I wish I knew more about the machine but there is such a limited amount of info on it. My wife bought it cause it was on sale and just figured I’d learn how to use it so she can sell stuff at work. I do appreciate the help I’m such a novice at this. I will put these fixes in affect and thanks again for your help and hopefully this works for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.