Laser won't operate with Lightburn

Can you confirm that you used the .lbdev file from xTool to setup your device?

Can you capture the full Console output which includes what happened prior to the reboot? There’s likely something that occurred prior to the controller crashing.

I can confirm Ii used the .lbdev file from xTool.
Here is a screenshot from starting the machine and framing a test run (I framed it twice).

First part of the console when I tried to run test

Last part of the console on the test run

Can you use the “Save Gcode” button in Laser window and save the gcode to a file using .txt extension and then post that file here please?

Test Run GCode.txt (47.1 KB)

Is this the gcode from the same design as what caused the error in the screenshots above? I don’t see anything unusual in the gcode. However, I didn’t see some of the codes in the screenshot.

Can you try running the saved gcode from Laser window? Do you get the same behavior?

I had closed Lightburn before i got your last message. I set up a new test run the sams as the previous w8th the same result. I just tried to run the gcode i sent with the same behavior, no laser fire

Did it result in the same controller crash?

There’s another user experiencing what looks like the same crash after applying the latest firmware. Wonder if xTool released a bad firmware or if this is causing a bunch of bad flashes.

I sent XTool support a message earlier today. I included all the screenshots i posted here yesterday. Waiting to hear from them. Thank you for all your help!

2 posts were split to a new topic: xTool D1 - same problem?

XTool wasn’t able to assist either. So far I’m not getting anywhere with Lightburn.

Their controller is literally crashing and they didn’t offer any assistance? Not sure how to react to that.

Did you send them the gcode that can cause a crash? Seems like it should be easily reproducible or help you determine that’s there’s something unique to your system.

1 Like

I’ve been emailing with someone from Lightburn all afternoon, they’ve been very helpful but haven’t got a solution yet. There supposed to get back to me after they talk to some other people.

I haven’t given up yet!

I meant more the xTool folks. Nothing LightBurn does should crash the controller even if it was LightBurn’s fault or something that LightBurn can work around. Glad you’re talking to LB folks though.

Lightburn support ran out of possible solutions as well. I had been running the XTool D1 and Lightburn software on an older laptop. Went and bought a new laptop yesterday, reloaded the D1 and the Lightburn software and everything worked as it’s supposed to…problem solved!

If it’s not too much trouble…
Open the new laptop and in LightBurn click File then wheel down to Export Prefs - and export a set of working preferences for your xTool D1. Call the file New Laptop Prefs and upload it here, DM it to me or Email it to support@lightburnsoftware.com - Please include a link to this forum post in your email.

Then click Help - click Generate Support Data - then paste that unruly looking blob of stuff into a reply or your DM or email with a note that it’s for the new laptop.

Please do the same with the old laptop as well.

I’m hoping to see some setting that was accidentally tweaked so we can help others who are also having trouble with their xTool on older computers. If it’s a 32 bit windows laptop vs. 64 bit windows laptop problem it may be more interesting and involved for the developers.

Glad you’re up and running. I hope we can draw on your two data sets to help others. Unlike all other data sets your two data sets are for the one X-tool D1.

I sent the export prefs and all the gooblygook from both laptops to the Lightburn support e-mail address.

1 Like

I’ve looked at the files you sent and can’t see a single difference that would cause the issues you were having with the older machine. I suspect something might be wrong with the USB port, or possibly the driver installed on that system.

1 Like

If possible could you send your settings. I am having the same problem however I have a new computer.
Thank you