Laser working but not engraving

HI, I am new to this CNC Laser world and dont mean to bother you folks with a repeated Q.
My machine works fine on any other software, but with LB, it only works but does not burn -

1. I have adjusted the power in “Cut” menu
  2. I have increased and reduced speed
  3. I have “fired” the laser before starting, nothing works. The other softwares are lousy compared to LB, so I need this work
    (all the above solutions - I read in the other posts on this topic), Please help
    PS My machine is an ebay 3018 with 5.5 W module (what I could afford at this stage.

This does not provide the required information needed to be of help to you. What firmware and controller are you using to drive this setup?

If I assume GRBL, many of these low-cost diode systems come with an older version of GRBL (1.1g or older). If so go with the GRBL-M3 device in LightBurn. Ideally, you would upgrade to GRBL 1.1f and then use just the GRBL device.

If you are using GRBL 1.1f or later, check your setting for $30 and $32 in the console by typing $$ and pressing enter.

$32 should be 1 (enable laser mode)

$30 should be 1000

The $30 value can be set either in your firmware to match LightBurn, or in the LightBurn device settings (S Max) to match your GRBL setting.

Hi Rick, thanks for your response.

1. GRBL is 1.1f
  2. LB is set to GRBL M3 device
  3. $32 =1
  4. $30 = 1000

didnt work on Windows, but worked with a mac… Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

You should set your device to GRBL for GRBL 1.1f (not GRBL-M3) and also make sure ‘S-value max’ is also set to 1000 (the same as your $30).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.