Layer Z offset, bed moves at end of layer, returns to z=0 before next layer

I am attempting to defocus for thicker vector lines. As you can see in the video, the bed only moves at the end of a layer, then returns to zero before cutting the next layer, so all of my layers are actually cut at z=0. I would like them to cut at z=2,z=4,z=6,z=8…z=22

At the end of the job, X and Y return the the starting position while the Z remains at 22mm.

z-height.lbrn2 (45.3 KB)

• BesCutter Versa Force 150W CO2
  • Ruida RDC6445 controller
  • Lightburn 1.0.0.6 on macOS Monterey
  • Lightburn Bridge 1.0 rc4 image on an RPi 3

The video shows the above file run with these device settings.

When I turn off “Relative Z moves only”, the bed does not move. It stays at Z=0.

Optimize Z moves doesn’t seem to affect the behavior of my machine when running this file.

I don’t know a lot about Ruida controllers, so I took photos of every menu that seemed related to Z travel or focus. These may not be related to my issue.

Anyone? I really need to get this working.

How are you setting the Z height? That’s not clear from your post. Can you upload the .lbrn file here?

https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/uploads/short-url/g0MTkISzSN6pHv3acQE5yv5QBg8.lbrn2

I’m setting the z offset of each layer

Okay. The video is clearer now based on that.

One thing I’m noticing in the setup is that you have a material height of 0 mm but looks like you have a positive Z offset. This would imply that you’re trying to go into the material which has no depth.

I’m guessing your intention is to increase the distance from the lens which should be a negative offset. This is also likely the reason why there is no movement when you don’t have “Relative Z moves only” selected since absolute moves are based on material height.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.