LB Bridge & Trocen Hardware

Does the Lightburn Bridge works with Trocen controllers, Specifically the AWC 7824 or 78XX series?

No. It is Ruida only at this time. We are unsure if other machine types will ever be added. It was mainly to get around specific problems people had with Ruida and Mac OS.

I for one would think it a shame if the Bridge was not expanded to include other controllers including g-code and enabled on USB.

I know there’s a general concern around safety but to certain extent that cat’s out of the bag already with LightBurn Bridge and trying to enforce safety through tethering the laser to the computer is really a false notion of security. The issue is really about the presence of an operator during a burn. Tethering does not really guarantee that presence any more than a wireless solution.

I found a couple of things that’ll work for usb devices. VirtualHere and usb/ip will create a usb port over Ethernet. My usb laser is connected via a pi v1 I had kicking around. No wifi on the v1 so it’s Ethernet only. USB/ip is built into Linux and I’d bet there’s a windows version.?