Learther engraving problem ( vertical lines)

Dear all,

I am first time here on the forum and I need you support and help.

I have atomstack A10Pro and 10w output laser head.
When I want to engrave on PU leather wallet test file, I am getting those strange lines…
Please see the picture attached…

Can someone tell me where I am doing mistake, what settings do I need to change…

Uploading: 20221116_222710.jpg…

Before going any further you may want to look in to the risks of burning PU leather. Unless the fake leather is made for laser engraving you may not even have real PU leather. Could be PVC coated, etc. You are possibly creating toxic and corrosive gases that are not safe for you or your machine.

Hi Atroz,

Thank you for your concern and observation.

I do have protective box and fan, that pull out fumes and gas…
I am also using protective mask with filsers for chemicals and dust…
Uploading: Screenshot_20221117-025440_Amazon Shopping.jpg…
Uploading: Screenshot_20221117-025452_Amazon Shopping.jpg…
Uploading: Screenshot_20221117-025503_Amazon Shopping.jpg…

It does not appear that you are doing anything wrong.
It appeared to me that problem is similar to this and this.

Have you tried on different material? Cardboard, MDF, plywood? Same pattern?

In addition to my speculation in other two threads, this one appeared to have a power sag: lead in on the left is burnt significantly more than the rest. I would think that your test is done as a raster and single direction, from left to right. Power appeared to sag after initial load/left lead-in, and then beat between laser PWM and PSU PWM.

It also appeared to me that your cabling is too thin and too long for 10W optical/50W+ electrical.

To try:

1. Better, more powerful (100W?) PSU.
  2. Fiddle with $33 setting, see reasoning in two threads I’ve referenced above.
  3. I would definitely try to bypass that long thin wire, even if it s a factory cable. Make your own, larger gauge, calculate wire resistance or measure (with full power ON, be safe! Maybe use equivalent dummy load) to have a voltage drop <0.2V under full load. Or get separate PSU for the laser only and wire directly to the laser head.

That lead in is main indication that power at the laser is unstable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.