Lenovo Laptop screen size issue?

I’ve tried changing the screen size through Windows 10 64 and this changes nothing?
Is there some sort of setting I may be missing in Lightburn?
Currently the Lightburn screen drops below the bottom of the physical screen of the laptop.
Text at the bottom of Lightburn seem to be overlapping as well?

Any thoughts?

If your vertical screen resolution is 768 or less, and this is common on inexpensive laptops, then you need to change your screen layout so that all windows on the right are tabbed on the same space, rather than two frames.

Drag the Laser and Library windows onto the upper window.

I have done that and still the rainbow tool bar is still out of sight.

You are probably not in full screen mode. After making sure you are in full screen mode, you can try “reset to default layout”. (found first line in window menu)

Windows?
Find the application in Windows through the File Explorer,
Right click on the application and look for Properties in the selection menu.
Click on the Compatibility tab,
Look near the bottom for changing DPI settings and play around with those for this particular app.
I’m not at my PC at the moment so I can’t provide screen shots to help.

Still the same issue of bottom part of screen not visible, Mainly the colored number bar.

Still the same results?
Thinking of breaking down to move to Windows 11 but I fear this will not work either?

…see if there is anything you can use

OK.
After fiddle-farting around with this I have been able to get the colored layer and tool bar to show.
However, the side panels/windowpanes are overlapping and do not show the control buttons on the bottom.

Have you tried hiding the taskbar at the bottom of the screen? (Just to confirm everything is there)

Yes.
I wish I knew what I just did? I have it corrected. I am afraid it will go back to an issue if I try and access another side panel.

That’s good news!
At least you now know that it does work!
I’ve had issues with resolution with different PCs occasionally.

My workshop PC is at 1680 x 1050 with its scaling factor at 175% for all apps but no High DPI changes for LightBurn application and it’s fine. This one is used for touch up to files while the laser is running.

My Laptop connected to the laser is at 1360 x 768 with no scaling factor for all apps but I have selected “Use this DPI” under the Program DPI section on the Compatibility tab under LightBurn properties. I can sometimes get hosed up so on occasion I have to do the “Reset to Defaults” approach then move windows around to get them back like I want.

My in-house Laptop (which is a Lenova also and is connected to a 4K SmartTV) has a large resolution where I do maybe half of my design work. Don’t recall at the moment the particulars but I’ll get them and edit this post for posterity.

Don’t be afraid to play with LightBurn own scaling feature.
LB-Settings - Display

So far it is still working properly. (Knock on wood.) Pun intended. :crazy_face:

I tried so many fixes, I am not sure what or what combination of fixes it was, but I am satisfied.

:innocent:

Found another post and got my issue fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.