Lens Calibration Wizard capture button not working

Hello!

I’m trying to configure a Logitech C920 on a Sculpfun S30 and I get a picture in the Camera control and the Lens Calibration Wizard, but at the Capture step, the button does nothing and there is no message.

I selected the HD Pro Webcam C920 with a Standard Lens and also with the *Fisheye one. I removed the Honeycomb bed as well, but when I click on the Capture button, still no indication of any action taking place.

I’ve run Lightburn in Windows 8 compatibility mode and as Administrator, but the button still doesn’t seem to call any function.

I’m running LightBurn 1.5.06 and Windows 10 22H2.

Is there something I’m missing?

If tried a different computer running Windows 10 version 2004 and reinstalled different versions of Lightburn (1.3.0.1, 1.4.05, 1.5.06 and 1.6.00) all behave in the same manner when pressing the Capture button. No reaction to the button press event.

So I decided to install MX Linux. Webcam seemed fine as Lightburn saw the webcam in the control window, but in the Wizard a black screen was all that I saw.

Looking at the documentation, I thought I might as well install the recommended (my least favourite Linux distribution) Ubuntu 22.04. However, Lightburn just crashes instantly. I did install 22.04.4 so there might be an issue there?

Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried changing the following settings?

1 Like

Thank you for your reply parsec.
I did play with those settings and changed Full Color to Black and White, but I’m not sure about the Default Capture System. I’ll have a look.

OK, I was about to get Windows 7 installed and give it another shot… but thanks to your reply I checked the settings and it was set to custom! I changed it

It works!

Thank you for your help! :smiley:

Glad it worked.

When I went over the documentation again, I saw that it mentions the Custom Camera System* which incorporates the new custom capture capture system using the Windows Media Framework.

Is there a know issue with Logitech drivers and the Windows capture system which Lightburn is using?

Since the camera is defaulting to the low resolution of the webcam and the accuracy is off by a few millimetres. I might have to consider getting a different camera.

However!!! If there is a near future where that might be an issue addressed, I could live with it! :slight_smile:

Mine also defaults to the lower resolution but I get a score of 0,07.
Lot of things to do LightburnPI5, Obsstudio or opencv are on the list.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply again. I’ll be content and enjoy using it as it is.
With your mention of Pi I think I know what I’m doing next. :+1:

1 Like