License for Makerspace - University Lab

Hello everyone,

I have access to a laser cutter in my university’s maker space. I want to prepare the design files on my personal computer and then use the licensed software at the maker space for cutting. I’m wondering if there’s a way to achieve this without purchasing a new license. My goal isn’t to perform the cutting on my software but to prep the files for cutting.

I’ve come across information about makerspace licensing. Should I consider buying it? Or is it something the university’s IT department should handle? I dont have the patience to follow the route this request through them. I’m curious if there’s an option to personally pay the $20 for the software license, bypassing any bureaucratic hurdles.

Appreciate any advice on this matter.

Hello Nadar!
This is a question on which you should seek official reply.
Although most members on forum know a lot - and there are some official members - probably they would prefer to discuss this things in private with you.
Also if you ask direct you will get an answer you can make decisions on without needing triple checks :slight_smile:

Try reaching support@lightburnsoftware.com.

3 Likes

Thanks. Tried with no response tough.

Hang in there… maybe @JohnJohn can help… :pray:

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Thanks Gil.

I’m confident that you will get the correct information from the folks who respond to the support email.

1 Like

They do not respond, I’m not the only one complaining in this forum.

Unusual.
Lightburn did go through a ticketing system migration this last weeks so is possible that
a) moment of overload
b) some emails got eaten by the over sensitive spam princess filters of most ticketing systems

Maybe you could send @JohnJohn a private message with your email addres and the email and he could do the favor of pass it along internaly.

I still think that’s a discussion to have in private.

I opened the support email, Support@LightBurnSoftware.com and I searched with your first name, last name and email address (the one that you used to sign up here). I found nothing related to your post.

Did you send the email to a different address?

1 Like

Thank you for asking. To answer directly, you have a few options.

• Use the trial version to generate your files. We now provide the ability for you to extend your trial a few times from within LightBurn itself. If you only have a few files, or plan out your usage over this time, this approach might work for your needs.
  • Have the MakerSpace reach out to us directly (support@lightburnsoftware.com) and we can extend their license to include a discounted single-seat key for members like you.

• Purchase a full License Key for your personal use.

This is not an option at this time, as the discounted key is tied to the MakerSpace License.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.